Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I couldn't help trying to be prepared. I realized that if the referral happened to come in (even though the chance is remote), and I didn't have a contingency plan for Memorial Day, (when banks will be closed) we'd lose the baby. I sent the e-mail below to our agency director 2 days ago when I thought about it and knew, that even though I was feeling peaceful, we still needed to be prepared. What if I'm just peaceful because it's going to work out. . .BEFORE we go??!! I am truly fine with whichever way it works. . .as long as we don't lose the baby we're given. THAT would be hard to see a photo and read about her, know she could have been ours, and then lose her because we're getting on a plane too soon leaving us short on time to do the needed paperwork.

Laura,

Even though it's a REALLY slim chance that a referral will come in before we go, I've gone ahead and called our neighbor who happens to be a notary at the Bank of American Fork. She will bring her stuff home over the weekend in case we have a "notary emergency" on Memorial Day or the following morning. Even if a referral comes in in the middle of the night, like 3:00 am on Tues. the 29th, will you please call us right then--we're used to the crazy hours of labor. She said to call anytime and she'd get us taken care of before we step on the plane. We don't have to be at the airport until 9:00 am that morning for our 11:00 am flight.

Just trying to be prepared for the 1% chance :)

Thanks,

Julianna


I called my "notary neighbor," Barb, while she was at work on Friday. She hadn't heard anything about a baby, just that we were leaving for China on Tuesday. She was so surprised and very excited for us. She said she'd love to help us, whatever the hour. . . huge relief!

I had forgotten after fixing our notary issue, that we want a pediatrician to look at the medical information before we accept--just to be safe. What doctor's office is open for regular business on Memorial Day? I called our regular doctor 2 weeks ago to see what they would do if we did happen to call on this holiday--he told the nurse we could speak with whomever is on call. I would hate to have a doctor that we don't even know pulled away from a family party on Memorial Day to look over our papers. Then I remembered that Howard's uncle is a fantastic pediatrician! Why hadn't I thought of him before? I guess because he has just moved to our state in the last couple of years and isn't our doctor due to proximity. Of course we could call him on Memorial Day, no problem! I would prefer to have him look at our papers anyway--he will be more interested in helping since this baby will be joining HIS family! I'm glad inconvenience forced me into remembering him. If it's not this month, I'll call him the next!

I received this e-mail back from Laura last night:

This plan should work fine if we receive referral information and contracts before the 29th. We've notified St. Lucy's of your plans and hoped that they might move along a little more quickly.

Have a great weekend,
Laura


I appreciate Laura's extra efforts to do all she can in helping this referral to happen. If they can't get our referral before we go, at least I know we've done everything possible. It would be so nice if they decide it would just be easier to finalize our match a few days earlier than they would have! (Laura thinks it will be coming this week, anyway, but probably not until later.) Fortunately for us, tomorrow we'll be crazy busy trying to clean the house and finish packing. I really don't think it will come. But now I can sit back and relax if it doesn't come in, knowing that next month will be just as exciting. I've been saying for a few weeks, "Boy, it sure would be nice to spread out a little of this excitement rather than having it all at once." I guess I'll just get my wish by having something to look forward to after returning from a wonderful vacation.

No comments: